Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
One of Uptima’s clients, with offices in Arlington, VA is seeking A Full Time Program Manager to provide on/off sight support. This client is a boutique IT Procurement, Strategy, and Operations Services firm focused in helping our clients achieve sustainable and measurable results for their organizations. They are led by an experienced team of public and private sector experts with our office located in the heart of the DC-Metro area.
SIE Consulting Group specializes in Information Technology, Federal Procurement, and Business Process Improvement and has been nationally recognized by Consulting magazine for their unique value proposition within IT cost optimization, their focus on return on investment, and their exceptional, customer-focused company culture. With its motto of Service, Integrity, and Excellence in tow, SIE provides better value, while building long-term relationships. SIE was named one of the 2017 “Best Places to Work” in the small business category by the Washington Business Journal. They know the players. They know how they work.
They know what to expect. In addition, SIE empowers and encourages its consultants to use their intellect, intimate knowledge of the project, and relationship with the client to recommend strategy deviations in the best interest of the engagement. SIE offers engagement solutions that fit every need across the People-Process-Technology spectrum of IT and Procurement while maintaining unparalleled IT hardware and software industry expertise.
The Role: Project Manager
Location: Arlington, VA / Client Site in Laurel, MD (1 day per week)
Overview: The project manager role is part of a large IDIQ contract proposal to provide IT Solutions for a major organization within the Washington DC metro area. The customer has embarked on multiple technology modernization projects that will replace legacy systems. The following details some goals for modernizing the legacy systems:
• Improved functionality – New solutions have amazing features, functions and capabilities, with the ability to take advantage of improvements in hardware and networking
• Improved user experience – Modern software has become more intuitive, more focused on user interface and usability
• Changing business practices – Modern software is scalable, having the capability to handle a growing amount of work, or its potential to be enlarged in order to accommodate that growth
• More seamless interoperability – Modern software is designed interact between devices and other systems, including
Duties: The Project Manager is assigned the management of a specific project and the work performed under assigned Task Orders.
• Performs day-to-day management of the project, identifies issues and risks and recommends possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project.
• Acts as a facilitator between a Commission department and IT contractor.
• Responsible for ensuring that work performed under TOs is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and on budget.
• Identifies critical paths, tasks, dates, testing, and acceptance criteria.
• Provides solutions to improve efficiency (e.g., reduce costs while maintaining or improving performance levels).
• Monitors issues and provides resolutions for up-to-date status reports.
• Demonstrates excellent writing and oral communications skills.
Experience and Education Requirements
• At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
• At least five (5) years of experience in project management.
• Experience leading IDIQ contracts.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline.
• Master’s degree or project management certification is preferred.
• Sanitation Commission expérience a plus.