Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
One of Uptima’s clients, with offices in Alexandria, VA is seeking a Full Time Senior Desktop Systems Engineer to provide off sight support.
The Primary Responsibilities
• Primarily and heavily focused on Windows 10 image testing and analysis.
• Manage and maintain desktop images.
• Apply systems analysis and engineering technique/procedures to developing complex information systems on multiple platforms and development environments; combine software, hardware, standards and engineering in the development of system architectures; create and test packages in SCCM.
• Follow structured process for desktop image development for both physical and virtual desktop environments.
• Develop and update processes and procedures related to desktop management and administration.
• Coordinate updates to images with desktop support teams and change management organization.
• Ensure all work is supported by appropriate documentation (incident, problem, service request or project tickets)
• Ensure proper solutions and knowledge management best practices are followed, and integrate Continual Service Improvement processes to continually refine and improve image management.
• Facilitate the implementation of ITIL standards
• Mentor and train junior members of the team
What You Need to Bring to the Table
• Active Public Trust
• Management and maintenance of ProfileUnity modules (i.e. Portability settings, Filters Shortcuts, ThinApp)
• Utilizing Wise Package Studio, ThinApp and SCCM 2007 for COTS and Custom applications Development, UAT validation and Production deployment
• Utilizing Wise Package Studio and SCCM to Develop, UAT validation deployment and Production deployment of upgrade /frequent security update /hotfixes to applications
• Utilizing SCCM and WSUS for Microsoft security patches, hotfixes
• Microsoft Application Virtualization (a.k.a. Soft grid)
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 / 2010
• CompTIA A+
• Experience managing technology integration initiatives
• Experience supporting and ultimately managing root cause analysis via an overarching problem management methodology
• Experience developing processes and procedures necessary to run a medium to large scale virtual desktop environment.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability and experience leading, influencing, negotiating and problem solving
Education, Experience, and Certifications
• Minimum of 10 years of Experience
• Bachelor degree in IT related field OR without a degree, 12 or more years of experience related to position
• ITIL v3 Foundations (certification is preferred)