Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world.
Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
We supplement our search expertise with a proven, proprietary candidate assessment system called SmartFit which is holistic and customizable to each client’s requirements.
One of Uptima’s clients, with offices in Edgewater, MD is seeking a Data Analyst to provide off and on sight support.
Our client is a driven, data-hungry management consulting firm providing industry-leading analytic power to healthcare, government and business. They have a vibrant culture of innovation that brings results-driven, cutting edge analytic thought to every project. Our client will give you the opportunity to work with experienced Data Analysts and Consultants solving some of the Government’s largest challenges. You will have the chance to work within a small, rapidly growing company where everyone has the opportunity to help shape the future of our firm.
The Primary Responsibilities
• Work as part of a team to improve procurement strategy and operations within the Federal Government
• Responsible for aggregating, cleansing, and analyzing spending and procurement data from multiple systems
• Create data visualizations to effectively communicate analysis results to client stakeholders
• Management of SQL Databases: organize, format, validate and perform queries on large data sets
• Work site will be split between the ReefPoint office in Edgewater, MD with and the client site visit to Washington D.C.
What You Need to Bring to the Table
• Experience managing and maintaining large data sets using MS Access, MS SQL Server, and/or other relation database tools
• Experience with other languages or tools commonly used for data analysis/visualization including R, Python, VBA and Tableau
• Experience and knowledge of spend analysis, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, and value management/contract operations
• Understanding of procurement governance, processes and policies
• Demonstrated ability to formulate and complete complex analyses
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong, demonstrated communication skills
• Must be eligible for a public trust
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3+ years of experience
The compensation package for this position includes benefits. The details of those benefits will be discussed during the screening process for this position.