Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
Our client in Reston, VA is looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer to help support their team.
Our client, supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency, DISA provides a global infrastructure for information sharing and communication across the Department of Defense, from the President on down.
Contract Encore II :The ENCORE II contract provides IT support to the military services and agencies, Dept. of Defense (DoD) and other federal government agencies. The ideal candidate will work with a team to provide analysis, and software and systems engineering support to the Joint Planning and Execution Services (JPES) Program Management Office (PMO). This will include providing the sustainment/modernization, integration, testing, operational support and technical services necessary to analyze, design, integrate, test, certify and accredit, deploy and maintain quality software for the warfighter
• Provide DevOps engineering for a 30+ person software development project utilizing OpenStack, VMware, Redhat Linux, Docker, Ansible, Java, Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and DataPower
• Lead provisioning of development, test, and pseudo-production environments, including automated VM provisioning, infrastructure, and deployment of multiple application releases
• Mentor, guide, and direct mid and junior DevOps Engineers
• Package and deploy security updates
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and psuedo-production environments
• Monitor systems to ensure maximum up-time and quality of service
• Provide internal support and scalability for our continuously evolving environment
• ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
• Experience with continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
• Experience with source control tools, such as GIT
• Demonstrated automation experience using tools Ansible and Docker
• Demonstrated expertise with Linux commands
• Shell and Bash scripting experience
• Experience with Openstack and/or VMware virtualization
• Prior experience building software is a plus
• Familiarity with software packaging (Linux RPM’s and Linux RPM Spec Files) is a plus
• Experience with DataPower and PostreSQL is a plus
• Experience operating in an Agile environment is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ Linux Administration/DevOps experience