Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
Our client, located in Baltimore, MD is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their team in the development of a portable artificial lung (ECMO). Responsibilities include software development for a device containing digital controls, sensors, batteries, user controls/displays, pneumatics, fluidics, pump drives and other electro-mechanical systems that communicate with blood and oxygen. This individual must have experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team including contractor and vendor resources. Experience with formal engineering development processes, regulated industry and compliance to industry standards is required. This person will have primary responsibility for parts of the software architecture.
- Software design and implementation for a class III medical device
- Construction and maintenance of software requirements
- Design and implementation of software interfaces
- Test case development, unit and integration testing
- Leading and participating in design reviews
- Participation in code reviews
- Participation in electrical design discussions and decisions
- Embedded software development
- Data acquisition in an embedded environment
- Quality systems in a regulated industry
- Version control and issue tracking systems
- Medical device development, including ISO 62304 preferred
- Linux use and development experience preferred
- Basic electrical troubleshooting skills preferred
- Motor control experience preferred
- BS degree in software, computer science, electrical engineering or closely related field.
- Five years of experience in software development, preferably in a regulated environment, preferably medical.
- Team player attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and takes pride in their work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Regulatory Compliance experience do you have?
- How many years of software development experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?