Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
One of Uptima’s clients, with offices in Alexandria, VA is seeking A Backup Systems Administrator.
This position is responsible for providing day-today operational support to a team of experienced backup administrators in a large, complex distributed systems environment. Understanding of enterprise backup / recovery strategies, familiarity with multiple enterprise backup products, experience with installation, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning skills are mandatory requirements for this position. In addition, the Systems Administrator will have:
• Knowledge in installing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware related to backup systems to include: tape drives, tape libraries, servers, and external storage devices
• Knowledge in Symantec Netbackup/IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and backup software to include: installation, testing, and integration of new software releases.
• Knowledge in the support of Symantec Netbackup/IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) server software on Windows 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 server operating systems.
• Knowledge in various client platforms to include but not limited to: Windows, Linux, Solaris, SQL databases, and Exchange.
• Knowledge in the creation and configuration of Symantec Netbackup/ IBM Tivoli Storage Manager(TSM) policies in order to meet the needs.
• Expertise in creating detailed documentation on troubleshooting, processes and workflows, configuration changes.
• Knowledge in performing, monitoring and troubleshooting data backups and restore operations.
• Knowledge in monitoring and reporting on NetApp SnapMirror operations.
• Expertise in creating detailed Installation Documentation.
• Expertise in workload management and performance tuning.
• Knowledge of Symantec NetBackup v7.5 installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting
• Knowledge of MS Windows Server2008 installation, configuration and system administration
• Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)
• Knowledge of VMWare administration
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• DoDD 8570.1 IAT Level II or higher required upon hire
• TS/SCI clearance preferred or ability to obtain
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT work experience.
• Hands-on experience in a large TSM and or Netbackup client / server environment with competing product experience in an enterprise environment comprising of many flavors of operating systems , virtual tape technologies and NDMP backups.
• Working and or conceptual knowledge of SAN.
• Must have hands-on disaster recovery experience with the backup products supported.
• Skilled in planning and executing proactive maintenance activities in the backup infrastructure. Ability to plan, design, implement, and enhance business continuity and DR capabilities. • Support 24x7 on-call coverage for backup and recovery issues and lead problem management and root cause analysis.
• Perform capacity planning and reporting on performance and quality of backups.
• Understanding of replication, encryption and de-duplication technologies.
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Ability to multi-task and manage projects within tight deadlines concurrently.
• Ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
• Manage projects or programs with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity.