Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
We supplement our search expertise with a proven, proprietary candidate assessment system called SmartFit which is holistic and customizable to each client’s requirements.
One of Uptima’s clients, with offices in Arlington, VA is seeking Full Time Senior Consultant for ITAM/SLM to provide on sight support. This client is a boutique IT Procurement, Strategy, and Operations Services firm focused in helping our clients achieve sustainable and measurable results for their organizations. They are led by an experienced team of public and private sector experts with our office located in the heart of the DC-Metro area.
The primary focus of the Senior Consultant / Specialist Senor is to provide IT Asset Management (ITAM), Software License Management (SLM) expertise for projects across our client Agencies, by utilizing wider strategic experience and functional Enterprise Software License knowledge. The SC/Spc. Sr will lead and coordinate highly complex ITAM projects and SLM activities across the Federal IT category. The SC / Spc. Sr will support client Agencies in all activities related to IT asset spend and software (SW) license deployment, analytics, market research, strategy development, business planning, bid analysis, SW vendor evaluations, SW contract negotiations, contract implementation, and supplier improvement programs. Additionally, a portion of this role will center on identifying opportunities for business/scope development and internal operation improvement for the client’s leadership.
The Primary Responsibilities
• Provide subject matter expertise related to ITAM and SLM (e.g., with a focus on common OEMs, including Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, VMWare, etc.) programs
• Facilitate the collection, analytics, and reporting specific to ITAM/SLM inventory, license position, compliance/audit risk, and cost reduction opportunities
• Deliver robust spend analysis and opportunity assessments for customer agencies to reduce overall spend, enable “shelf-ware”, remove redundant or unused applications, and manage SLM position, according to business need
• Support and enable clients with the use of key ITAM/SLM/ITSM management tools (i.e., including but not limited to HPE, Flexera, Aspera, BDNA, 1E, ServiceNow, Remedy, SCCM, BigFix, Snow, etc.)
• Providing analysis and support for better business decision-making
• Ensuring risk is mitigated and optimization of total delivered cost is achieved
• Working with client stakeholders to embed a formal, fact-based purchasing process in all company procurement activities to enable the organization to leverage purchasing power
• Introducing continuous process improvement and cost reduction
• Increase the project scope/revenue and report to Senior Manager
• Develop and support new business opportunities
• Contribute to further building the SIE ITAM/SLM practice in terms of people, process and technology improvements.
• Actively promote SIE scope of services through various mechanisms
What You Need to Bring to the Table
• Experience related to software licensing lifecycle, management and optimization
• Leadership experience with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with the team and all levels and areas of the organization
• 5+ years professional experience focused one or more of the following skills: IT Procurement, IT asset management, strategic planning, procurement performance optimization, procurement process/governance, spend analytics, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, contract implementation, supplier relationship management, procure to pay and procurement outsourcing.
• 5+ years experience in operational consulting, OR direct/indirect spend sourcing, OR procurement leadership
• 5+ years analytical analysis with procurement and supply chain focus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Experiences and Skills
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Systems, Procurement Strategy, Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
• Expertise related to one or more of the following software license vendors: Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe, VMWare, IBM, and other leading OEMs • Senior experience and knowledge of spend analysis, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, and value management/contract operationalization
• Senior experience in IT asset management and Software License Management
• Strong understanding of procurement governance, processes and policies.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
• Strong business development skills
• Ability to manage, advise and develop consulting resources
• Strong aptitude, ability, motivation and interest in performing quantitative analysis within a business environment
• Ability to validate and derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources
• Experience in collecting, manipulating, interpreting, and cleansing data
• Experience in gathering data from legacy systems
• Local to the DC metro area
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Systems, Procurement Strategy, Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
The compensation package for this position includes benefits. The details of those benefits will be discussed during the screening process for this position.