Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
One of Uptima’s clients, with offices in Alexandria, VA is seeking a Full Time Data Scientist Senior SME to provide support in Crystal City, VA. This client is a boutique IT Procurement, Strategy, and Operations Services firm focused in helping our clients achieve sustainable and measurable results for their organizations. They are led by an experienced team of public and private sector experts with our office located in the heart of the DC-Metro area
SIE Consulting Group specializes in Information Technology, Federal Procurement, and Business Process Improvement and has been nationally recognized by Consulting magazine for their unique value proposition within IT cost optimization, their focus on return on investment, and their exceptional, customer-focused company culture. With its motto of Service, Integrity, and Excellence in tow, SIE provides better value, while building long-term relationships. SIE was named one of the 2017 “Best Places to Work” in the small business category by the Washington Business Journal. They know the players. They know how they work. They know what to expect. In addition, SIE empowers and encourages its consultants to use their intellect, intimate knowledge of the project, and relationship with the client to recommend strategy deviations in the best interest of the engagement. SIE offers engagement solutions that fit every need across the People-Process-Technology spectrum of IT and Procurement while maintaining unparalleled IT hardware and software industry expertise.
What You Need to Bring to the Table
• This individual must possess at least ten years of experience in the data science discipline, with demonstrated experience applying data modeling concepts to very large data sets:
• A demonstrated understanding of the DoD population through work experience directly supporting the military or DoD population; at least one year of experience providing support and expertise to an Insider Threat program is preferred.
• At least eight years of demonstrable experience using both common and advanced statistical analysis programs (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, STATA, Mplus).
• At least eight years of demonstrable experience performing advanced parametric and nonparametric statistical analyses and advanced statistical modeling.
• Superb communication skills, both written and oral, demonstrated by evidence of presentation(s) to [a] large non-technical audience(s).
• At least five years of demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with many data streams and deadlines.
• At least than five years of demonstrated experience conducting advanced statistical modeling and presenting findings to a variety of audiences, to include very senior decision makers.
• At least five years of demonstrated experience being able to distill highly technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
• Must have an active DoD TS clearance with SCI eligibility at the time of proposal submission.
• An advanced technical degree in data science, applied computer science concepts, or applied mathematics is required.