Uptima Group Principals represent over 80 years of world-wide experience identifying and engaging some of the most difficult people to locate in the world. Uptima Group and our consortium partners provide global coverage in 31 countries, with 56 offices, and over 300 consultants, all supported by a team of researchers experienced in accessing information from the global marketplace to assist in identifying and evaluating top-notch talent for our clients.
Our client in Reston, VA is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to help support their team.
Our client, supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency, DISA provides a global infrastructure for information sharing and communication across the Department of Defense, from the President on down.
Contract Encore II :The ENCORE II contract provides IT support to the military services and agencies, Dept. of Defense (DoD) and other federal government agencies. The ideal candidate will work with a team to provide analysis, and software and systems engineering support to the Joint Planning and Execution Services (JPES) Program Management Office (PMO). This will include providing the sustainment/modernization, integration, testing, operational support and technical services necessary to analyze, design, integrate, test, certify and accredit, deploy and maintain quality software for the warfighter
• Plan, update, develop and execute manual and/or automated functional, technical, and performance testing using automated test software, as well as other tools using various technologies (PostgreSQL, XML, SOAP/RESTful web services, etc.) in an agile development environment.
• Coordinate and conduct manual and automated functional and performance testing using SoapUI.
• Work with Agile Teams pointing out functional errors, bottlenecks, and regression test subsequent enhancements.
• Conduct testing analysis at sprint reviews and provide it as part of our Software Test Plan Results delivered during each release.
•Work with other teams, including customer and third party consumer teams.
• Support customer findings and acceptance test events
• INTERIM DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
• Experience conducting functional testing of web-based applications and web-services in Linux/Unix environment.
• Experience creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Result deliverables.
• Experience writing up and troubleshooting software defects.
• Experience with SoapUI, JIRA, Jenkins or similar tools.
• Automated Test Development and Result Analysis.
• Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and/or Oracle.
• Experience testing software installation and install documentation.
• Familiarity with VMware or OpenStack technologies.
• Prior experience with DoD and/or DISA systems is a plus.
• BS in Computer Science and 4+ years of Software Test Engineering experience.
• A degree in information technology, management information systems, software engineering and networking are acceptable substitutes for Computer Science.